This is exactly what snapchat was created for
Shittin on my entire life 😩
This is cute af though
But if they didn’t buy this dress I’ma be mad.
do we need more young queer characters? yes.
do we need more young queer characters that hate themselves and keep wishing they were straight and/or cis? no. we really don’t.
It’s good to know that we weren’t the only ones driven crazy by people who “axe” questions.
Okay, see, we talked about this linguisitic phenomenon in my grammar class. I don’t remember what it’s called, but it happens with other words, too - my professor used an example of “uncomfortable.” When you say it out loud, most likely, it sounds more like “un-comf-ter-ble,” thus mixing up the position of the r and the t, like how the k and the s are mixed in this speech pattern. However, not many people are out here acting high and mighty because someone said “uncomfterble” like they are with “ax,” and that has absolutely everything to do with academic biases - because “ax” is associated mostly with Black people (and occasionally lower-class whites), it’s viewed as “improper” speech, whereas most people, even middle & upper class white people who are thought to speak the most ~proper~ version of English, say “uncomfterble.”
tl;dr actually caring about whether someone says “ask” ~”correctly”~~ is rooted in racist & classist biases of language so, consider, not.
Most linguistic pedantry is inherently racist in nature.
those moments when straight people assume you’re one of them and you feel like a gay secret agent
it’s an ace case
How to make a glitter bomb/ Be a total asshole.
1) Cut strips of tissue paper approx 8 inches long and 3-4 inches wide.
2) Carefully glue down the side, leaving the top 1/4 glue free.
3) Fold the bottom up to form a pouch, leaving the top 1/4 to fold over later.
4) Put them on a wire rack to dry.
5) Get your glitter together. I used different kinds. Make sure to find some super fine extra sparkly shit so it gets everywhere and is a real pain in the ass to clean up.
6) Spoon a couple teaspoons into the little pouches of tissue. Resist the urge to add too much! It will just make it hard to close the card later.
7) Carefully put a little glue on the top edge and fold over the flap, making sure to seal it well.
8) Let dry for a bit. Trim excess if needed.
9) Brush on some glue to the inside of your card roughly the size of your bomb. Stick a bomb to it.
10) Put a little more glue on the top of the bomb and close the card so it is stuck together.
11) Mail to friends!
12) Wait for the curses and threats to arrive!
I usually just sprinkle it in the card.
best thing i learned working with and learning about kids: when they do shit like this, especially to something they themselves use and enjoy, leave it there for as long as possible. let them return to the fun thing over and over again so that it sinks in that the thing they did was wrong, they ruined something, and now they can’t have fun because of it and they should never do it again. it teaches them consequence of action and cautiousness.
i did this with a 3-year-old kid i babysat who filled his playstation with peanut butter before i got there, just every time he went back to it and asked why it’s not working, i opened it and pointed to the peanut butter stains and said “you did that” and he says “yeah”, “will it work like that?” “…no”, and when he got it and promised to never put anything but games into a game machine again, his parents bought another and he kept his promise. it works, even at that age.
this was a long and unnecessary rant but so many times i’ve seen parents IMMEDIATELY replace their kids’ toys/electronics that they destroy over and over again and i’m just like NO THEY’RE NOT LEARNING ANYTHING THAT WAY
they also don’t learn from being thrown into fires
yeah but they’re quieter that way
Yo refusing to walk through a door because a woman is holding it open for you is not chivalry, it’s called being an asshole.
When you hold a door open for someone, it should have nothing to do with their gender/sex/identity and everything to do with you just being a considerate human being.
(Source: , via nyle48)
PSA: because I keep seeing that shitty manipulated photo of Emma Watson on my dash. THAT PHOTO WAS PHOTOSHOPPED. The original photo (with another from the same shoot, is from 2011 with Mariano Vivanco) are pictured above. Please don’t perpetuate this error.
Deliberately spreading an altered image of Emma Watson which purports to show her breasts as a statement against threats of nude photo leaks is the height of hypocrisy and whoever did it should be ashamed. (x)
omg didnt know